Friday, February 11, 2011

Curtis's big 03

Curtis turned 3. It was such a fun day. I love this age because this is when my kids really started to understand it was their birthday. They get so excited. Curtis was so excited. Mark's parents came from Utah and my mom came. It was a work weekend at my dad's ranch so he was gone. We had homemade tomato basil soup and a grill cheese bar. We had many different types a things to go on the "grown-up" grill cheese. Curtis is REALLY into sports. Anything with a ball he loves. I made him a football cake.
The cake. We had teddy grams with the team colors on . I even put the numbers on their shirts. The football is a jelly belly.
Curtis blowing out his candles.
Curtis opening the present from Gordon and Lynette.
Curtis with Grandma Lynette showing off his new puzzle. It is a magnet tow truck that pulls the cars out of their spot. The cars have numbers on them. We can now tell Curtis to get the number 3 car and he will pull it out. He is so smart. It had to have come from me. ;)
Golf!!!
He is showing off his new toy.
He was nervous to open this one. Mark had to help.
He got really into it now.
He was so excited for this. It is Better Batter Baseball from Grandma and Papa. He was so excited. Now I don't have to throw the ball to him all day.
A shirt from Abby and Jared. Sorry for the tomato soup down the face and shirt.

It was such a fun day. Curtis is an amazing little boy. We were so lucky to get him in our family. We love you Curty!

3 comments:

Aldobean said...

so cute! Love the cake and his curly hair!

Marja Liisa said...

He is so cute!!! Wish we lived closet to be there!!!

Strupp Family said...

Oh my goodness, your kids are SO cute! I'm glad you have a blog, too. I love reading about what people are up to.

Oh, and I'm glad someone else has had weird swelling things happen to their kids, well--not glad, but good to know I'm not the only one :) Glad she's ok!